Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Look Back


Please, don't be discouraged. I have returned. The Grants had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with my uncle Leroy, cousin Marie and her son Marcus. Ben and I cooked a big dinner and it was thrilling if I do say so myself. It is now a hectic month of work and I am trying to complete everything by the 22nd since my in-laws are coming on the 23rd for Christmas which we are super excited about. Cheri and David, my in-laws, were here last year for New Years. This trip also fell on David's fiftieth birthday. We always have a good time when we are together so if last year is any indication of how this year's trip will go, we will be having a good time. Here is last year, in pictures (and video). Ben and I got a pair of Leroy's old dentures and put them in a cup. We also borrowed a walker from Leroy. We had to make fun of David, I mean he was officially an old man. I think it's funny Leroy had all of these "old person" items sitting around his house. He even said he had a wheelchair if we needed one. Here is a video of David celebrating his birthday, old man style. Watch until the end. Classic Eleanor...


After one too many glasses of wine, Cheri decided to put balloons on her head.

After one too many glasses of wine, the rest of us said "Why Cheri, that does indeed look like fun."




We ate a really nice restaurant in Atlanta to celebrate the big 5-0 called Rathbuns.


For New Years, our friends Tucker and Erika decided to join in on the fun. They think we are Texas freaks. They think anyone from Texas is a Texas freak and I tend to agree with them so I made some Texas inspired cookies for the Mostellers to enjoy.


I decided we needed a picture of everyone before the ball dropped. I put the camera on the mantle and told everyone to get in the picture.

"Cheri, put down the bottle and get in position." (Classic Cheri-bottom left of pic!)

"Why isn't this working? Let me move the camera over so everyone is in the picture this time." "Hey, what happened to David?? At least Eleanor made it in this time."

Oops.

It's a Grant/Mosteller kind of New Year!


I cut my hair off. About 6 inches. It's been YEARS since I had short hair. Thoughts?


Oh yeah, and Penelope tried to pickpocket my cousin over the holidays.

She was exhausted after her crime spree so she decided to relax by the fire.

4 comments:

Sam said...

I was discouraged and I am glad you are back. I like the hair, I think it suits you! Glad you had a good thanksgiving. That Penelope is such the bad girl, isn't she! We cooked for Taylor's folks and it is kind of fun to do. Luckily, we spread the love and Hayden and Jen made some food as well as Taylor's mom. Last year, I made everything and Taylor made the turkey (he said it would be too time consuming for him to help with anything else) Are you guys coming this way for any of the holidays? If so, let us know.

DavidG said...

I tried to leave this comment earlier but I don't think it took. We are soooo looking forward to our visit! But I won't be turning 50 so you can't do the old man stuff, ha, you can't be mean to me this year!

Cheri said...

hum, well classic cheri is always up for a good time!! We are so excited to be coming to GA to hang with you guys.
Love the hair! Oh yah and lets not forget, payback can be an adventure.

heatherw said...

I love your haircut! BTW the Thomesen's have plenty of picture issues, most caused by my father, the most unphotogenic person in the world!