Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Is Anyone Out There?

Hello...? Helllooo? Is anyone there? I think I just heard an echo. Ok, so I have totally sucked when it comes to blogging. Life has been so busy I go to bed completely exhausted at nignt. And yes, said bed is in Abilene! So, I have started my new job and moved into our new house. Ben has finished law school and is leaving for Austin in a week to study for the bar for 6 weeks. I don't even know where to start or what to say so I will just sum it up in pictures...and two stories that I find amusing.
1. The first thing I did in the new house is paint my dining room. I decided I was going to paint not only the walls but the ceiling, too. I went to Benjamin Moore with my Pottery Barn color all picked out and I was sitting on a chair talking to the store employee about paint. All of a sudden, he jumps up and says "I have an urge!" He runs through the back door and I can hear him hauling butt through the warehouse. No one else was in the store so I was just sitting there with my mouth, literally, hanging open. All of sudden I hear a woman's voice behind a heavily tinted window say "Is he all right?" I said, "Yeah, he just had an urge." She gives me this weird look and goes back to her bookkeeping.
2. My 3 year old niece, Kate, was at my parent's house playing. I asked her if she wanted to play and she looked at me and said "No, I think I'm just gonna sit here and text. I need your phone." She's 3...
Penelope enjoying the new house

Mason staying warm in the Snuggie

Anna looking crazy in the Snuggie

Cute Little Anna

Ben, Kate, and Anna

Dad and Fitz bonding

Fitz and Penelope

Fitz and Eleanor on their last day as Georgia Peaches


We decided to take a family picture after a big dinner at Heather and Taylor's house. Taylor gets his camera and sets it up on a tripod. He apparently sets it up to shoot like 5 pictures in a row. He was the only one who knew this would happen. Look at his face during each picture (normal smile). Look at everyone elses (mouths hanging wide open, people looking to the side). I feel like my mouth is the first thing people notice! It's HUGE!!!





The only "normal" family picture taken that evening


More family pictures. I guess with 6 kids a good picture is hard to come by!



Next time: Bea Arthur Tribute, Pictures of the new house, Pictures from Ben's Graduation Party in Austin (if anyone shows up)!

7 comments:

bethany said...

Cute blog! I love the pics of your family! They still look the same - only grownup=) I have a blog too...

http://matbethany.blogspot.com

I have recently discovered the fun of blogging=) I'm glad we are back in touch again! So many fun memories from the Abilene days!

Anonymous said...

Glad you started updating again, I thought I was going to have to delete you from my favorties. Can't wait to hear more funny stories now that you are living in Abilene with the whole family!!!

Heather S.

heatherw said...

Holly! Whew! I was worried you had gotten lost somewhere between Georgia and Abilene! DId you ever figure out what the guy's urge was? What did he say when he came back?

Jen said...

i am so sad that i will miss the party this weekend. i will be in el paso with my gramma. but i am so glad that you are finally back in texas!

Sam said...

You're back! Thank goodness. Glad that you have gotten at least somewhat settled. Looking forward to seeing ya'll this weekend!

Holly Grant said...

Heather W.- The weird thing about "The Urge" guy was that he was back within 30 seconds. He didn't say anything when he came back so I just assumed he had to fart really bad and was afraid it would stink.
Jen-I heard you were going to be gone this weekend. You suck.
Sam-You do not suck since you will be there. We look forward to seeing you guys!

Cheri said...

woohoo we have a blog again. This is great! Love you