Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

T Minus 1 Day!

Getting ready for Allie! Look at all the clothes. And those are just the hand me downs. This girl has so many clothes there is no way she will wear them all before growing out of them. I need another girl after her!! Loves it.


Eleanor thought all the new soft blankets were for her

My sister Heather, sister in law Susan, and friend/Ben's Second Cousin's wife Teri Aldreidge threw me a wonderful shower. So many people came to support and celebrate with me and I am so thankful for the shower, the presents, and all the ladies who came. Ben and I are truly blessed.

Ben and I after my shower. What a hot daddy!

The loot. That awesome bag in the front of the picture is my Lily and Serena diaper bag my wonderful sister bought me. I freakin love that bag!

The table at the shower. Cheri did the flowers and I thought the entire table was so pretty. Thanks ladies!

Classic Eleanor. I had to add the picture. It was taken the day of the shower so it kind of fits in.


Allie will be here Wednesday February 24! Two weeks ago when I went to the doctor I was 75% effaced and 1 1/2 Centimeters dilated. He asked us we wanted to induce which was something we never thought about doing. At first, we both were really unsure. We were kind of excited about experiencing the whole labor thing naturally (until it was epidural time of course) but as we thought about it over the week we decided it actually sounded like a good idea. When we went back last week, our doctor was surprised how low her head was and let me tell you, every movement I make I can vouch for just how low she is. I feel like I rode a bike with a tiny little seat for 4 hours. I am so sore every movement I make hurts. You don't realize what muscles are being used for the smallest task until you have a baby's head sitting on them. We are very excited about Allie's arrival this Wednesday. We are so thankful to God for such an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby up to this point. I know I am blessed and a lot of women don't have such a wonderful pregnancy. People say to me all the time "I bet you can't wait to have that baby" but I just can't agree with that statement. Yes, I am uncomfortable now but it's tolerable. I will miss having her inside me. Being together 24/7 and feeling/watching her move. It's an experience I will never have with her again once she is born so...yes, I am happy to be having this baby because I can't wait to meet her and I want Ben to start enjoying the bonding I have been having with her for 9 months but I will also miss being pregnant.

33 Weeks

38 Weeks (Final Week)

Allie's Room

We had an artist come out and paint the trees and birds on the walls. She did an amazing job and we are very happy with the way it turned out. I have to say I love all the pink!





Ok, that's all I can do for now. I was in the ER with a client until 2:00 a.m. last night and I need sleep. We will keep you posted with pics when she is born. Pray for us. Here goes nothing...!!!

8 comments:

annalee said...

ahhh, so close! so exciting! and what a fabulous room to bring her home to.

Amanda H. said...

I am so excited for you and Ben. If you have those type of questions that you cannot ask your mother, let me know. I will miss you alot when you are on leave. I cannot wait to see Allie! I think she will look like you.

bethany said...

I can't believe it's tomorrow!! Her nursery looks adorable...love the trees. Will be sending lots of prayers and "easy labor" thoughts your way! Can't wait to see some pics!!

Sam said...

I am so happy for you and Ben! And, by the way, I think your nursery is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and praying for you and Allie to get through all the labor fun very smoothly. Can't wait to see pics of the little gal!

heatherw said...

Just saw the pictures Ben posted on FAcebook and came over here to tell yoe that Allie is beautiful and I love all that hair! You can practically give her a style already! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear the whole story.

Sara S. said...

Just saw the pics on facebook of your beautiful baby girl! I am loving all her hair! What a lucky girl! Her room is fabulous! You guys did great! Congrats!!!

alison rader said...

SUCH a cute nursery! I also am in love with your diaper bag. I am pretty much obsessed with diaper bags.

Jen said...

This article talks about the aftermath of those who survive serious complication during pregnancy.
http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/sadness-sticks-12226.html
After a miscarriage, many women experience depression and anxiety. These mental health problems can continue for many years, even after the mother gives birth to a healthy child, according to new research.