Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

Revenge of the Nerds Part 1



I am sure all of my readers went through a "nerd phase" at some point in their life. Some people's phases might last a couple of years, while others might still be weeding their way through. This post is the first in a series I shall title "Revenge of the Nerds." I have decided to put myself and poor Ben out there first before I post the pictures of friends and family. I must warn you that I have a picture album sitting by my desk with pictures from elementary through high school and I'm not afraid to use them...
Here is Ben in the bluebonnet fields on the side of a highway. Every child growing up in Texas has had their picture taken in bluebonnet fields. It's a right of passage if you will. I have to say the bluebonnet picture is cheesy all by itself but add Ben's pasty skin, oversized glasses and greased back hair to the mix and you have one nerdy honkey.



Side part, greased down with L.A. Looks and one rockin' Bugle Boy shirt.

Band. Need I say more??

Third grade school picture. You could fit jelly beans in between each one of my teeth.

My shirt reads "I've Got Some Body." I know the shirt is actually referring to the hair product but still a little weird for an 8 year old to be wearing.


Being a foot taller then your peers will always make you a nerd, especially when said peers are 2 years older...

And now, because I am vain I can't leave you with these images. Here is a recent picture of Ben and I, post bluebonnet pastures.

8 comments:

annalee said...

we want more! we want more! that was one entertaining post. thanks for letting us laugh at you guys expense.

TTidmore said...

Come on Holly. Those were the nerdiest photos of yourself that you could find? Yeah right!

Holly Grant said...

Watch it Taylor or else I will find the need to contact your mother for a certain senior picture where you look 12...And yes, I have always been too cool for my own good so finding nerd pictures was challenging.

Ben Grant said...

Thank you Taylor! That's what I said. There have got to be nerdier pictures of her out there and the people need to see them. In fact, I can think of one in particular that you have.... I've got one word for you - "wig."

TTidmore said...

Ben,

I was trying to refrain, but your encouragement has pushed me over the edge. Check out my blog for additional proof of Holly's nerdiness.

Taylor

suetmom said...

Ben, I haven't met you, but I have some really nice pictures of Holly from elementary school. If you need these you can contact me through Meredith's blog.

Hi Holly,
I know you would like these as well! They are really special....

susan said...

OM goodness, i'm LOL! things are heating up! i'm enjoying this war of the nerds!

Makinzie said...

I have more nerdy photos as well. I'm remembering a certain Holly with super thick bangs and a perm that didn't quite work. On the topic of celebrity look-alikes. . .do you remember when we were in NY and a guy on the boat asked you if you were Cindy Crawford? Came across this and reminded me of you and your recent celebrity postings. . . http://www.myheritage.com/celebrity-face-recognition