Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Nashville, Anniversary, and Some Other Random Crap...

The last weekend in March, Ben and I went to Nashville to spend the weekend with my parents who were there for a computer conference. As some of you might know, I love a good computer conference t-shirt so Ben went into the Expo center with my dad to check out the loot and my mom and I went shopping. We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and it was beautiful. We had a great time.



Me, Dad, Mom and Ben, in that order...
I think this is the worst picture I have ever taken. My eyes are squinty and I look like I have been awake for days. But, I post the good, the bad and the ugly of others so I have to do the same for me. It's only fair.
Mom and Dad

Playing Phase 10 in the hotel room. We pulled an ironing board in between the beds, pulled out the snacks and played a seriously heated game of cards. Dad put my fur blanket around his lap because he didn't think others would like to see his boxer shorts. We all agreed. Ben won every game which hacked my mom off. She said she wasn't playing cards anymore with Taylor (he cheats) and Ben (he wins too much).


Monday was our 2 year wedding anniversary so we went to dinner and then came back to our house for champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Ben made them at my uncles house and I had no idea! He is the best husband ever and I love being married to such a wonderful man.



Ben's face in this picture makes me laugh every time I look at it!!



And now for the random crap. This is our jasmine in our backyard. It bloomed for Spring and looks beautiful. It also attracts bees. Big, yellow, scary bees.

Yet another rash. My leg was swollen and had HUGE welps all over it and I really did consider posting it. I actually downloaded it onto the post but then I was reminded how vain I really am. My leg looked like an old woman's leg and was swollen because of the welps. I looked fat and I just couldn't do it. I am ashamed and this is my confession, "My name is Holly Grant and I am one vain mo-fo."
This is the only leg post I could stomach

Ben and Fitz. Could this be any cuter!?


This is a video of this vine thing at Opryland. It's this girl, on stilts, wearing a vine costume and she moved really slow like a vine. Ben called her "his woman" because he thought she was really pretty. I think he was getting payback because one of my favorite shows on T.V. is on A&E called "The First 48." It's a documentary styled show about homicide detectives and I love watching the Miami detectives. There is one detective, Det. Rick Martinez, whom I often refer to as "My Cuban Lover." I get the Cuban, Ben gets the Vine. That sounds about right...



4 comments:

heatherw said...

Holly, you make me laugh!

Sam said...

Holly, your blog is so good! Happy Anniversary! We look forward to seeing you and Ben at the wedding in June.

TTidmore said...

Three thoughts.
1. In picture #2, Marinell is looking good in her denim mini.
2. I have seen Jim in his boxers, and I agree with the fur blanket decision.
3. Fitz is one big cat. He looks like he could eat Ben.

Holly Grant said...

Taylor,
You know mom, she's always been a "denim mini" kind of gal. Who knew she still had the legs to pull it off?? And yes, Fitz just went to the vet and he weighed in at a whopping 16 pounds. He can and, I'm sure, eventually will, eat Ben.