Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back from The Florida Keys


So, Ben and I are back from the Florida Keys. We had a great time relaxing and spending time together. Below is a photo journal of our trip South.









We woke up at 5:30 a.m. and started driving. Ben is a student and I work from home...We don't wake up at 5:30...ever.

Old, retired men who live in south Florida stereotypically love their pastel linen shirts. Ben decided this would be a perfect opportunity to pull out his own pastel linen shirt, a.k.a. "cruise wear." What constitutes "cruise wear" you ask? Three things: linen, short sleeves and pastel in color.

Ben loves when the commercial for "The Villages" comes on television. The Villages is an upscale retirement community in Florida where they golf, do yoga and paint ceramics. Ben would have fit in perfectly had he shown up in his cruise shirt. We passed the exit for The Villages on the way to The Keys and Ben started singing "The Villaaggeeesss!!" I think the third person back looks like Ben in 40 years.

This was our room. It was very "Golden Girl"-esque which made me extremely happy.

The sunsets were beautiful off our dock. Everyone at the lodge would bring their wine and sit off the water and watch the sunset.

Since we stayed in Key Largo, we made a trip down to Key West which was really fun. Of course, we ate Key Lime Pie...

and Key Lime Pie on a stick dipped in chocolate.

We also visited Earnest Hemingway's house where his famous 6-toed cats roamed the property (40+ cats). People were going crazy over these 6-toed cats, saying they had never heard of anything so cool. Below is our beloved 6-toed cat, Fitzgerald....

and this is Hemingway's 6-toed cat, Princess Six-Toes.

Here we are at the Southern Most Point of the United States. Just 90 miles from Cuba.

You are probably asking "But Holly, how did ya'll get around Key West so effeciently to see all of these great site?" Well, we biked it.

That's right, two baskets...

On our way back to Key Largo, I noticed I had broken out in a gnarly rash which is honestly not that unusual for me.

Ben smoking...something....(Don't freak, it's a cigar)

We were so relaxed and chilled, Ben decided to take this opportunity to sport a molester-ish sized mustache.
It's funny that I recently posted on celebrity twins because this issue came up in Key Largo. I met this 60 year old Greek woman from Boston whose name is Soupy. She and her husband were down for a two week vacation and she and I were a lot alike (basically, we both talk a lot to people we don't know). Our lodge had a heated pool so I was in the pool and Ben was sitting on the side when Soupy came in to the pool area. After we talked for awhile, she says (In a very thick Northern accent) "Oh my gawd, I just figured out who Ben looks like!! He looks like a young Tom Cruise!"

Young Tom Cruise
Ben

She then says to me, "And you look just like Paul McCartney's one-legged ex, Heather Mills!"

One-legged Heather Mills

Two-Legged Holly Grant

I don't know, Corky maybe but Heather Mills? I just don't see it. I think Ben is a great looking guy and Tom Cruise, to me, is creepy so I don't see the Tom thing either. It's ok though, I told her she looks like the mom in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding..."

It was really cool because the squirrels would come up and eat out of your hand. This is a video of a squirrel eating a chocolate chip cookie from my hand.
Fact: Squirrels do not eat Goldfish crackers.
Fact: Squirrels love cookies
Fact: Holly loves feeding squirrels




5 comments:

TTidmore said...

1. Ben looks like he has been up for hours. Holly you look like it is 5:30.
2. Nothing says cool like pastel linen shirts and yellow bikes with 2 baskets.
3. I'd take Tom Cruise as a compliment. Heather Mills - not so much.

Holly Grant said...

Taylor,
Those who used to wear watersocks with tapered jeans are not really the experts on what "says cool...!"

TTidmore said...

I desperately wanted AQUAsocks, but never got them. Thanks for bringing back that painful memory.

Holly Grant said...

Taylor,
I know that must be painful. You really have come along way from AQUAsocks. You have become a very fashionable man and Ben appreciates it because he gets a lot of good clothes thanks to you!!

Mere Ware said...

FYI-I too have a six toed cat. His name is Mike. Yes, that is also my dad's name but that is a different story.