Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Key Largo, Montego, Baby Why Don't We Go...

Since we are living three hours from Florida, we decided we need to take advantage of this. Ben has Spring Break mid-March and so we have booked a trip to....KEY LARGO!!! Some might say, "Hmmm, Key Largo. Why Key Largo instead of the more popular and sexy Key West?" Well, we looked into going to Key West but alas, Key West is the official site of "Gay Spring Break 2008." Now let me say I have no problem with my readers out there who might want to venture down to the Keys for Gay Spring Break but we saw pictures from "Gay Spring Break 2007" on the internet so trust me when I say; disgusting. The last time we were anywhere tropical was on our wonderful honeymoon so I have attached some pictures from this trip so you can enjoy a preview of what our Key Largo trip just might look like.

Our previous tropical vacation included:


Wearing our helmets crooked


Drinking Margaritas


Perfecting our tan


Ziplining through the rainforest


Boating


Enjoying our time together
And now I'll leave you with a tale of danger, bravery and adventure.

Ben and I went swimming with the stingrays in Grand Caymen. We were really excited and had been told by several people how cool it was. We didn't know how big they were or even what to expect so when our boat pulled up to the location, I had immediate reservations. The guide told us the stingrays like to play with people and will swim up to you and bump your leg. They also said to shuffle your feet because they like to bury themselves under the sand and if stepped on, they could sting. When I saw these things swim up to our boat, I freaked out! They were huge and scary and it was all I could do to just get off the boat. I stood in one place and would turn my head left, right, back and then forward just watching for one. Ben was off touching them and doing his thing when all of a sudden I see a huge stingray coming right for me. Well, when I saw this stingray coming, I screamed at the top of my lungs and grabbed this unfortunate 12 year old girl by the shoulders and threw her in front of me. From a distance, Ben hears some crazy person screaming and immediately looks up and sees it's me and, now, this 12 year old! I mustered up enough nerve to touch one in order to get a picture and I'm glad I did. It was a cool experience.


This video shows the ferocity of the stingray as he messes with some kid who is trying to climb his dad like a tree! I was laughing at him but, let's face it, I had tried to climb some pre-teen just minutes earlier!


2 comments:

annalee said...

how fun to be going to key largo! hope it's wonderful.
we swam with the stingrays in grand cayman this summer and i had a similar experience. those suckers are BIG and scary, i only got close enough for the photo opp, then right back in the boat.

TTidmore said...

So jealous! I wish I could go. Have fun! By the way Ben has a lot of topless pics and videos going on.

Love you guys
Heather