Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Eyepatch and Saggy Boobs in a Holly Bush...


I have a client who is a 13 year old boy. He is autisic, blind and ADHD. He attends The Georgia Blind Academy which is a really great school for the blind. Anyway, since my client is developmentally disabled, he is way behind on learning how to walk with a cane so he uses a pre-cane. The pre-cane has two wheels and a handle so they can push it and it will hit say, a wall (or a bush in this case), before they do. I was walking with my client and his teacher one day last week and we were talking and watching him walk with his pre-cane. I see him veer to the left where a row of big bushes line the building. I begin to get a little nervous when I look at the bushes he is about to fall into and all I see are the unmistakeable pokey spikes of the holly bush. Now, I have thrown my sister, Heather, into a holly bush and 8 years later she retaliated and threw me into one so trust me when I say, you don't want to end up face down in one these suckers. The teacher reaches out and puts him back on the path and away from the bushes before he can actually fall into them but I think this begs the question: Who, when designing the landscaping for a school full of BLIND kids who, by the way are LEARNING how to get around their environment, would think "holly bushes!? Why yes, of course!! Who can resist their bright red berries and green leaves." Blind academy, people...School for the BLIND.

In my previous post, I wrote about my experience with the cupid shuffle. I think I actually referred to it as the cubic slide but, whatever. Unfortunately, I did not get video of Ben and myself doing this dance but I found a couple of videos that will give you the same effect. What you need to do is picture the first video (MSU Greek Show) and then add the Granny doing the "One Eyed Shuffle" into the MSU group and, bwa-la, you have our Friday night a week ago! The first one represents everyone at the party except for Ben and me. And yes, they really were as good as the people in the video. The second, well, that's me. Eyepatch and saggy boobs included...



2 comments:

Sam said...

HA HA HA HA! I can picture you looking really great with the other dancers! I like the eye patch too! And I totally agree about the holly bushes, what is that about? Our school for the blind here in Austin is conveniently located off of a very busy street near downtown. Also great planning in my opinion.

TTidmore said...

Seriously just bust our your video camera and let us see you in action. You are already at least a little better than granny, no eye patch. I won't comment on the state of your boobs. Anyways, we want footage.