Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Few Stories on Life (or Sexdrive, Waffle House and that Biyotch D. Brown)


Life has been extremely busy lately. Our house is officially on the market as of Friday. We hate having to attempt a sell in this market but we have no choice. We are putting the house on the market in November to, hopefully, have it sold by May. SAD! You can see pictures of the house at goldenkeyrealty.net, click on "Our Agents" and then click on "Janice Stefanski." Scroll down the page to her listings and click on "108 Cello Lane."
I went to Mentone Alabama to meet my mother and her friends who were staying in a cabin for the week. We had a great time relaxing and enjoying the beautiful fall weather. Mentone is a gorgeous town and it was great to see my mom.
Here are some funny (at least to Ben and me) things that have happened over the last couple of weeks. If these stories don't translate well, sorry in advance.

Ben and I were at the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie "Body of Lies" with our friends Tucker and Erika. There were three older couples, in their mid-60's, sitting a few rows in front of us and to the left. The movie had not started yet and everyone was sitting around talking. One of the older gentlemen walk into the theater and sits down with this group. He has a bag of popcorn in his hands and he turns around and says to the group, "I walked into the wrong theater. I was sitting there watching some movie called Sexdrive." This is funny to me for three obvious reasons. One, could an old man not accidently walk into a more perfect/funny name for a movie!? Two, how do you sit in a movie like Sexdrive and not realize you are not watching a gritty terrorist movie like Body of Lies? And three, did he not notice the fact that he didn't know anyone else in the theater even though, when he walked out of Body of Lies, he was sitting with 5 other people he obviously knew? I picture him walking into Sexdrive, not see his group and thinking "screw 'em, I've got the popcorn and I'm gonna sit right here."

Ben and I were eating brunch at the Waffle House which, as white trash as this may be, we really love the Waffle House. Our waitress's teeth were so dirty and infected with disease, Ben could barely get his hash browns down. The funny part is that these two wiggers walked in, sat at the counter and as they looked over the menu one says to the other "I ain't gonna eat. I'm just here to get my draaank on."

Ben and I were going through the drive through at Taco Bell. The worker comes on the speaker and says "Hello, welcome to Taco Bell. Are you ready to order?" Ben says "Hold on just a second." The worker says "Sure. Just say 'Taco' when you are ready." We look at each other and I say "Did he just say "say Taco" when you are ready?" We laugh and I tell Ben he has to say it and Ben agrees. When we are ready, Ben says "Taco!" We then get to the window, he gives us our order (which was right for the first time ever at that place) and when the transaction ended he says "Have a taco of a night!" Which we responded "Thanks, we will!" And we did.

When I was a kid and I would see a dirty car, the cool thing to write on the back window is "Wash Me." Right? Well, times have apparently changed. Ben and I were driving down the road and we look over at a dirty car and some kid has written on the dirty back window "D. Brown is da man, biyotch." Times, they are a changin...

7 comments:

DavidG said...

Whenever I go to Taco Bell I start with, " 'k, so..."

Sam said...

Glad that you have put your house on the market, sorry the market is not great right now. I will go look at it. Love the story about the old guy!

Anonymous said...

"Taco"?!?!

Try, "Food's Good"

Holly Grant said...

Ok, who left the anonymous comment??? I HAVE to know!!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!! Your sense of humor has not changed at all and I laughed throughout this whole blog!!! Your the best!

Jacy

Anonymous said...

By the way, beautiful house you guys have!
Jacy

Anonymous said...

Okay, Holly,

the "food's good" comment was mine, although I thought it much more fun not to reveal myself...now call me, I need man advice

~virgin