Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009


Well, this year at Palm Beach was a little different than last year. It was supposed to be very relaxing for many reasons:
1. Ben finished the bar the day before we left.
2. I had been freakin busy at work and was looking forward to not dealing with other people's problems.
3. We knew this would be our last vacay with no children.

I laxed, big time, on my picture taking. I don't even think I got a picture of Ben and I together. This irritates me because long time loyal reader, Heather S., has challenged Taylor and I to a 2nd annual "Best Palm Beach Post" contest and I really don't have anything to back it up. I didn't see any 70 year old men in a red Speedo with matching Crocs, no ladies tried to run me over on a motorized scooter by the pool, and I didn't even come close to getting "Steve Irwin'd" by a gang of stingrays. And if that isn't bad enough, Ben and I left 2 days early. With all this in mind, here is my attempt at a second win (if you don't remember last years contest let me refresh your memory; I beat Taylor so badly he re-did his blog and STILL lost). Pitiful, just pitiful.

Day 1
Ben and I traveled and waited in airports all day. We flew out of Abilene at like 9 in the morning and got to Miami at about midnight. Luckily for us, Taylor and mom were feeling hospitable and picked us up from the airport.

Day 2
Sunday, August 2, was my 30th birthday. I cried. I told myself I was actually turning 29. I threw up a little. But alas, I could not deny any longer that I am no longer a coveted 20-something. The magazine articles for 30, 40, and 50 year olds, where they tell you how to take care of your skin and what clothes are now "too young for you," now apply to me. Heather and Taylor took the day very serious and decided to prepare a fabulous, gourmet dinner fit only for a mature lady such as myself. Ok... So I actually thought I had a picture of the meal but I don't. Anyway, it was hotdogs. Heather did get me a birthday cake and I have a picture believe it or not:


Day 3
We chartered a fishing boat and Paul, Taylor, Mitchell (my nephew), dad, Ben and I went out fishing with a guide. It was really fun and something I had never done before. Mitchell was sea sick pretty much 10 minutes into the trip and laid in the back of the boat most of the time. Dad seemed to be doing ok until he threw up over the side of the boat. Paul started to get queezy but held it together. Taylor, Ben and I felt fine for the whole 4 hours and we decided they got sick because they all ate bananas for breakfast. It was the only sensible conclusion...
Ok, I found one picture of Ben and I.





Love this picture. Dad looks like some rando who stepped into the picture.

Day 4
This day was like most. Beach, pool, food, fun with some random activity and not much else. I love days like that.
Anna's head. If you can enlarge this picture, do it. Her face is hilarious.

Heather doing her "High School Musical Jump." I didn't take the picture correctly. If you want to see the complete "High School Musical Jump Competition" between Heather, Anna, and myself go to Taylor's blog (you can link there on the right side of my blog). I think I clearly won.


Making Tie Die shirts



Day 5, 6, 7
What a little jerk...


So here are your instructions: Read Taylor's post and then come back and vote by leaving a comment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that is just about all I can say. I'm blaming it on the hormones. I think you've still got "it" but you just can't remember where you put "it". Better luck next year!

Heather S.

annalee said...

i checked out the jump contest and was wowed! y'all have skillz.

Cheri said...

Glad to see that you finally updated your blog. I was beginning to think you were losing your touch. (haha)
So I have to give you a pass on this year. Pregnant women lose all their normal senses and can't seem to function mentally. So you are off the hook and Taylor gets the win by default.

TTidmore said...

Looks like the readers have choosen a winner. Even if you would have won I would have disqualifed you since half the pictures you used were mine (at least they look like mine). Next year will be the big tie breaker. Bring it!

heatherw said...

Oh I thought we were voting on who did the best Gabriella jump! So...I'm just going to vote on that. And the winner is.........
the girl with the pregnancy hooters, Holly! Gotta love 'em!