Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Strangest Marketing Tool...Ever

So, I was driving down I-75 and looked up to read a billboard. It was the strangest most confusing billboard I think I have ever read.

Cafe' Erotica: 10 Beautiful Strippers and 1 Ugly Stripper!

A couple of questions:
1. Why would you interview and eventually hire an ugly woman to work in your strip club?
2. When coming up with your marketing tool, why is your token, ugly stripper the hidden treasure that is, for sure, going to lure men into your club?

I like to think the meeting with the marketing team went something like this:

Marketing Team (M.T.): So, let's think of something about your club that is special and unique. Something that will really bring in the customers. How's your bar? Maybe a good wine list or large beer selection?

Club Owner: Nooo... We, uh, actually lost our liquor license last year due to a little "incident" (finger quotes) so I guess you could say we are BYOB (finger quotes) at this point.

M.T.: Ok, Ok. Well... how about your D.J.? Would you say your D.J. plays good music that can really get the crowd pumped?

Club Owner: Nooo....Noooo...I would actually not say that. Our D.J. struggles a little with his music selections.

M.T.: Hmmmm...Well, what about your dancers? Are they especially beautiful or exotic in any way?

Club Owner: Oh yes. Our girls are very pretty. Well... all except for 1. Yeah, one of our dancers is fugly. I mean a reeeaaal butterface.

M.T.: A butterface?!! A really fugly girl!!? Well why didn't you say so!!

I think the "and 1 Ugly Stripper" looks something like this woman.




Let me just say that when I worked for Child Protective Services, I had several moms who worked for Cafe' Erotica so, trust me when I say, there's more then just "and 1 Ugly Stripper."

Last thought: Don't you think the dancers sat around wondering who the ugly stripper was that was being advertised on their billboard?? I wonder if a customer ever walked in asking, specifically, for the ugly one! I freakin love it!!

4 comments:

Sam said...

That is awesome marketing! I wonder if the ugly takes her family by to see the billboard and says, "See there, that's me! I was singled out as something special!" I wonder if the "ugly one" rotates, like on a schedule. Ha Ha! Good post, Holly!

Anonymous said...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Holly Grant said...

Sam-
That is a good thought. If they are advertising that an ugly stripper will be at the club, they must have more then one and they rotate them!

Mere Ware said...

Wally- those were the exact ones I was thinking of...but what about- laying on the bed, jorts and some random strawish hats?? Probably going to have to get those from sue.