Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 30, 2008

Mean Girls, Stray Cats, and Netflix Ques...


Well, it's been a little over two weeks since Ben left for Texas but it feels much longer. The separation is difficult for several reasons. One, I love Ben and always enjoy spending time with him and I miss him when he isn't here. Life is just more fun when he is around. Two, he is living with my parents and, honestly, I would like to be living with my parents too. The three of them are always going places and having fun and I feel left out. I sometimes think of them as the "Mean Girls" even though there is technically only one girl in their clique. They leave me out and hang up the phone when talking to me so they can go shopping or eat out, so to me, they are the Mean Girls. Also, I am obsessed with these two stray cats that have been coming around my parents house for awhile so I call throughout the day to get hourly updates. I got attached when I was there beginning of May when I realized one of the cats was pregnant. She has been sick and now she has been missing for two days. The other stray has been coming around for a couple of years to eat but won't let anyone touch it. This cat is thug. I saw him walk across the street, get pecked by birds and just keep on moving like he wasn't even feeling it. If that ain't thug, I don't know what is. There is a bird around here that pecks Fitz (this must be birthing season for birds or something) and he ducks and meows and runs back into the house. So yes, these stray cats are part of what makes this separation so difficult. Third, my brother and sister and their families are all moving to Abilene in the month of June. So, my entire family, with my sweet little nieces and nephews, will all be there and I am in Georgia. So, to pass the time this summer, I have joined a fitness boot camp which kicks my butt! My entire body, even my feet, are sore. I have also motified our Netflix que to all chick flicks that Ben would never want to watch. Here is the list of movies in my que at this time:
Lars and the Real Girl
P.S. I love You
Catch and Release
Under the Tuscan Sun
Must Love Dogs
Atonement
We Are Marshall (Ben thinks this is the most random movie on the que)
Maude Seasons 1,2,3 (Bea Arthur from the Golden Girls stars. You know it.)
Dan in Real Life
Out of Africa
In Her Shoes
The Holiday
The Other Boleyn Girl

Wow, how embarrassing. Let me just say I would never be watching these movies if I weren't alone this summer. These really aren't my type of movies that I tend to enjoy. I just thought I would endulge myself since I would never watch these movies with Ben around. You might be asking, "Then why are you watching them now if they aren't even your type of movies?" My answer, "Because I'm thirty, flirty and thriving..." (Name that chick flick. Come on Ben and Taylor, you know you can!)

I am also keeping myself busy with my recipes. I have been retyping them and putting them in a notebook, in alphabetical order. Wow, how embarrassing.

The "Plastics"



My nieces and nephews who Ben will get to see daily and I won't.
Mitchell and Nathan

Kate

Mason

Anna

Well, in June I will be in Texas for 10 days which I am very excited about. Ben's younger brother Daniel is getting married in Austin the last weekend of June so I will be there for that. Then I will be in Abilene for awhile and then on to Leakey to tube the river with my brother and his family (they have a cabin in Leakey) which Ben and I love to do every July 4th. Then in July I will be in West Palm Beach Florida with my entire family (minus Ben, he has to work) so don't worry, I will actually have more interesting posts in the future. Until then, you are stuck with recipe stories and Netflix ques.

5 comments:

Ben Grant said...

So. You think of us as the "Plastics," huh? Grool.

13 Going on 30...

Love you.

Sam said...

Sorry you are feeling left out by the Plastics. At least you get to catch up on some girly movies, sometimes that is a nice indulgence. When Taylor is not home, I like to watch Miss Marple Mysteries from BBC. Taylor thinks I am a dork and won't watch them. I like your posts always, even if they are about Netflix and stray cats!

Holly Grant said...

Sam-
I have to agree with Taylor. Ms. Marple Mysteries??? BBC??? I will give you cred for admitting this on my blog!!

Holly Grant said...

Ben,
I love it! Way to come through. I laughed hard with your Mean Girls references.
Oh, and love you too.

Cheri said...

Ok I am obviously behind on my reading and posting my comment late but..... I have to say that your summer "chick flick" choices are prime. I can give you a bunch more if you are interested. Also, you rock for doing boot camp! I honestly don't have the courage for that yet. However I have gotten into Zumba! it is way cool and fun. (I even have David going with me)
I know that you are feeling left out in the cold by the "plastics" but we will have lots of fun when you come here!
Luv ya!