Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

An Historical Event Has Taken Place...Oh yeah, and Some Other Stuff about Beef, Chunky's and Inappropriate Dog Kisses

I would like to thank the following loyal readers for making my last post the highest commented post in the history of "Macon Fun of the Grants" with a total of 13 comments. If you read but did not post, shame on you.
So, a special "Holly Thanks" goes out to:
Annalee
Makinzie
Taylor
Ben
Amanda
Sam
David
Meredith
You should all take pride in being a part of such an historical event. Congrats to you all.

Today, I was driving by Chick-Fil-A in Macon and their sign read:
New: Leafy, Hot Beefy Salads.
Is it just me or do the words "hot" and Beefy," when combined together, not remind you of a fresh dog terd with smoke rising off it? I know, I know it's a gross image but now you know what has been going through my mind since I read this very disturbing discription of their new salads. Needless to say, I will not be eating a hot beefy salad from Chick-Fil-A any time soon.


Speaking of weird food, Ben decided a few months ago that he needed to try a Nestle "Chunky." For those of you who don't know what a "Chunky" entails, it is a candy bar with milk chocolate, peanuts and raisins. So gross! What freak came up with this combination? Ben ate a couple of bites and threw it out. You know it's gross if even Ben won't eat it.

So, I was looking through some pictures on my computer and came across a very disturbing realization: Eleanor licks me on the lips. A lot. And I have the pictures to prove it. I don't know which I find more upsetting, the fact that I allow my dog to lick me on the lips on a daily basis or the fact that I have so many pictures documenting this. My mom thinks it is disgusting and screams whenever she sees it. I don't think it's gross at all. In fact, I have even recruited my nephews and they let her do it also AND I have the pictures to prove that as well!

Extreme Close-up

Even while on the telephone...

No shame

Seriously, no shame

Eleanor is more into it then Nathan

Nathan is more into it then Eleanor

Ben giving her a taste of her own medicine

Pure exhileration. And just pure disturbing.


I had another realization a couple of weeks ago. I have been lazy on the weekends and haven't been making it to church and I told Ben not to tell my mother. He said he didn't but they are in "The Plastics" (if you don't know what I am talking about, please refer to a previous post entitled "Mean Girls, Stray Cats and Netflix Ques")together so you can never be certain but I digress...Well, I was talking to my mom on the phone on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago and she said (in a thick east Texas accent) "I know you haven't been goin' to chuuurch. You better geet up tomorrow and gowww." And what did Holly do? Got up and went to church. I think I was even the first one in the building. So, what was my realization? I am almost 30 years old and live 16 hours away but I am still afraid of my mother.

11 comments:

Sam said...

Okay, I was super thrilled to be apart of your historical event! Also, I did not know that Chunky bars were made with such horrible ingredients. Yuck! I will not comment on the disturbing doggie photos, to each his own. Our dog eats too many nasty things to allow mouth kisses. Love the updates though, see you next weekend!

TTidmore said...

1. I hate raisins and cannot believe someone would put them in a candy bar.
2. I agree with Mimi. Letting your dog lick his rear and then your mouth is disgusting.
3. When Mimi speaks, you listen. Doesn't matter if you are sitting across the room or in Georgia, you just do it.

heatherw said...

AND it's weird that Chic-fil-a has beefy salads...beef at chic-fil-a isn't that illegal?

Cheri said...

hum, ok so I was behind on my reading and posting so I will admit that I need to be shamed..... :(

Ok now for the dog kisses. If the hot and beefy grossed you out then why does Eleanor "licking" doggy kisses NOT. Now lets look at this in a realistic light. Do you really know where that little tong has been? They lick that part of their little bodies where that Hot and beefy comes from..... YAK

Now for the mom thing! She would have known regardless just because she is a mom. So it may have nothing to do with being a member of the "plastics"
And Yes you must always do what she says...... even when you are 50 not matter where you are geographically! It is just the way it is......

Cheri said...

Oh yah, and anything with milk chocolate, peanuts and raisins is not my cup of tea either. However anonymous loves to eat, chunky peanut butter in a bowl with raisins and either chocolate chips or chocolate syrup (dark that is) I tried it once....... never again.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I've been exposed. For anyone too inexperienced to have enjoyed this Epicurean delight, chocolate (in the form of M&Ms), raisins, and salted peanuts was the munchy food of the long-haired, hippy-type, pinko, backpacker generation. It was a concoction called Gorp and we ate it all the time, especially backpacking. Those flavor combinations are classics. You like wine and chocolate? Well, the flavors in chocolate covered raisins are a variation. Like Reese's? (Cheri doesn't but I didn't find out until after it was too late to get an annulment!) Raisins, chocolate, and peanuts obviously go together...
You know, I just don't have to justify my good taste. I'm going to get some chocolate...

Cheri said...

hey, not everyone has to like Reese's! It's not a personality flaw.

Ben Grant said...

You're almost 30...gross.
Love you!

Holly Grant said...

Ben-
You suck
Anonymous-
I always knew you were an old dirty hippie.
Cheri-
Yes, it is a flaw to not like Reeses.

Ben Grant said...

P.S. - In Holly's defense. While I'm in Texas, away from Eleanor, I do miss her incessant licking. I'm just as guilty as Holly.

Cheri said...

ok now the way I see it is, you can all eat your Reese's let the dog lick you and then wash your mouths out with soap!!