Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Little Wine and A Lot of Ego...

So, I thought I would go ahead and post since I will be leaving for Texas on Friday for 10 days and I know all my loyal readers will be fiending for a new post. I am very excited to be going to Texas. I will get to see all of my family since they are all moving to Abilene, see my brother-in-law, Daniel, get married, throw a lingerie shower, tube down the Frio River (or just sit in my chair with a good book and an even better beer) and spend as much time as possible with my wonderful husband. Here are some pictures of what this trip just might look like if we are going by past events.

Time with family (I couldn't find a picture of everyone in my family but, you get the point)

Time with my awesome in-laws, David, a.k.a Anonymous and Cheri

Fireworks at the river in Leakey

Hanging out in the cabin at the river

Relaxing in the river (No, you're not imagining it. Eleanor really was pissed)

Imagine my future sister-in-law, Amanda, in the wedding dress and one of her bridesmaids in place of Amanda Musick. (Sorry Musick, out with the old in with the new)

Again, imagine Amanda holding up the lingerie.

I had to add this one. My mom gave me the raunchist piece of lingerie I have ever seen and she was telling the story about some woman in the store thinking she was buying it for herself!

My brother-in-law Daniel and the real Amanda.


So, as you all know I always have to add some random stories so here they go. Enjoy!

Last weekend my uncle LeRoy and I worked on my yard and then went antique shopping and out to lunch for the afternoon. LeRoy got to my house at 10:00 a.m. and we worked on the yard until about 11:00 a.m. when we finally left, in LeRoy's car, to go shopping. We returned at around 4:00 that afternoon and were both a little shocked when we saw my garage door open. Hmmm, we must have left that open after we put all the lawn stuff in there. Oops. So, we were talking about how glad we were everything was still in there and not stolen. At this point, I was searching through my purse for my keys and couldn't find them. Leroy said "I think I saw you lock the front door so you have to have them." Luckily (or unluckily) I had left the door from the garage that leads into the house unlocked so we didn't actually need the keys but I was still confused as to their whereabouts. When we walked in, I dumped my purse out and still didn't see them. At this point, I look at the front door and notice that it's NOT locked either! Leroy then points out that the back door was left open and unlocked as well!! I then remember that I had gotten into my car to get my umbrella before we left so I thought maybe I left the keys sitting on the seat. When I went out to my car, which was sitting in the garage, I see the car is unlocked with the keys in the ignition. So, to recap: I left my garage door open with the door leading into the house, from the garage unlocked. I also left my front door unlocked, my back door open and unlocked and my car unlocked with the keys in the ignition. And to make the story even more weird, nothing was stolen and no pervert was hiding in the bathroom behind the shower curtain (the place I know all rapists will be hiding should they choose to hide in my house).

Brief Intermission: If you have never read "The Kiterunner" or "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini go out and buy it, check it out in your local library or go to Barnes and Noble and stick it under your shirt and run. They are both beautiful stories of a culture we really know nothing about in a country we are currently at war with. Both books give the average Afghan citizen heart while not making excuses for their leaders. Go out and get these books and be ready to do nothing but read.

Next, has anyone ever been offended by not being a part of someones "Top 5?" Well I have been. I was looking at LeRoy's phone, searching for the calculator when I realized I was not in his "Top 5." "What the -?" I say. "Why aren't I in your Top 5??" He says, "Well....I don't know." He then searches though his phone book and finally come across my number. I said "What, you can't even put me on speed dial?!" Later that night, LeRoy says "Alright, I'll put you in the Top 5 but I have to take someone out." I told him to get rid of my 80 something year old great-aunt because, and I quote, "She's dead weight." A little wine and a lot of ego makes you say some crazy things...

12 comments:

Ben Grant said...

Poor Mogie...

Sam said...

That was a crazy story, I can't believe you left your house on a silver platter like that and the theives didn't even bother. I think it would have been funnier if some dumb thief had bypassed all your kind unlocked doors and open doors and broken a window to get in! He would probably be too embarassed to go back to his gang of thieves. I too believe that rapists and serial killers(cause they are in abundance, you know) lurch behind the shower curtain, it is the only logical place. Kind of like "Psycho" but in reverse. So glad you are finally getting to come to Texas to see your hubby and family. Hope to see you at the wedding, but I know you will probably be super busy!

Cheri said...

Ok that was totally creepy, you are so very lucky!
Now as for the top 5..... what I want to know is who is your fav 5..

Poor Leroy how could you put him on the spot like that. I mean after all he probably knows the ## by heart... geez

And thanks for thinking we are awesome in-laws. We LOVE you bunches & bunches and can't wait to see you! Friday

Holly Grant said...

Cheri-
Even if he knows the number by heart, I should still be top 5 I mean come on, I am his favorite niece!

DavidG said...

Hey, what was the event that that picture of us is from?

DavidG said...

Okay, I'm no longer anonymous. My wife helped. (I had to say that because she is standing over my shoulder editing my comments.)

Cheri said...

okay, now let me tell the world of blog that I did more then give him hints. I mean really if it wasn't for me he would still be anonymous!!!!!!!!

Holly Grant said...

David-
You will always be anonymous to me (and my readers). The picture was taken at...I can't remember the girls name but it was at a wedding. Nathan's old girlfriend. I have totally drawn a blank.

Cheri said...

Jessica Macon. And we need a copy of that picture. We look good!

TTidmore said...

Don't you guys have email. It is like the David, Cheri, and Holly chat session here. On your next blog don't brag about passing some landmark for number of comments. It doesn't count when they are all from the same three people. Sorry, I guess that I am just a little ticked off that I wasn't even mentioned in the exciting people you will see in Texas. I am probably not in your top five either.

Anonymous said...

"Out with the old and in with the new"?!?

YOU got a lot of explaining to do missy!

heatherw said...

Have fun with your family!