Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


Since today is Valentine's Day, I decided this would be a good post since it's about me and the love of my life. We truly have a wonderful relationship and I am thankful for Ben everyday.
My "aunt-in-law", Sandy, did this on her facebook but I decided to bring it to life on the blog.

Ben

+ Holly

= LOVE


♥ What are your middle names?
Leanne and Edward (Ben Leanne, Holly Edward)

♥ How long have you been together?
Married 3 years in April, together 4 years.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We met several times but it took Ben all those meetings to even remember who I was. On our 3rd "meeting" he finally asked me out.

♥ Who asked who out?
Oh, I think I just answered this above. Ben asked me out.

♥ How old were each of you?
Holly 25, Ben 22

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
Holly's

♥ Do you have any children together?
No human kids yet.

♥ What about pets?
I guess you could call them pets. They are children to us. Chihuahua-Eleanor, 6-toed gray tabby-Fitzgerald, straight from the 'hood gray tabby-Penelope.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Our ghetto apartment.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
No, Ben went to Pflugerville High School and I went to Abilene High School.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
I believe I just answered this above.

♥ Who is smarter?
Ben says him, I say me.

♥ Who is more sensitive?
Ben. Hands down.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Quiznos. I gots to get my sammies fix. Ooohhh-Oohhhh!!


♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
We went to Belize together. Grand Caymen also. Which one is further? Who knows, who cares.


♥ Who has the craziest exes?
Holly. Hands down.

♥ Who has the worse temper?
Neither one of us really has a temper but if I had to say someone, I would say me.

♥ Who does the cooking?
Holly does the cooking. Ben's cuts the tips of his fingers off and burns his stomach with hot oil.

♥ Who is more social?
Holly.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
We are both very clean but I am the actual freak about it.

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
Neither one really. We are both really laid back and one usually gives in when something is really not that important to them. If I HAD to say one of us, I would say me. (Man, I kind of sound like a bitch on this thing!!)

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Neither.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Depends. It's usually around the same time.

♥ Where was your first date?
Abilene, TX. Dinner and movie. Back to his house to hang out and just talk and get to know each other.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
I think me. I have one brother and one sister but they are both married with three kids each. Ben has three brothers and one is married and the others are single.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
Yes. Ben is the flower king! He would send me flowers from Texas to Georgia when he was there all last summer. Randomly, he will just come home with them. Sometimes I tell him to stop spending money on them!! He's awesome.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Usually with my family. It's been hard since we live so far away so this past Christmas we spent it with his family. But usually mine.

♥ Who is more jealous?
Neither.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Hmmm. We didn't date anyone else after our first date but we were long distance so I guess immediately since we weren't dating anyone else but really probably a month before we actually talked about it and made it official.

♥ Who eats more?
Oh man, this question sucks. Ben eats more but sometimes my plate will be empty WAY before his. I think I COULD eat like him but I definitely restrict myself more.

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
Ben is not allowed to do the laundry. This kind of goes back to that clean freak question. My in-laws think I am crazy because I have what I call "The System." Everything, down to how the glasses are facing in the kitchen cabinet, are part of "The System." So, when it comes to laundry, I, of course, have a system and Ben is not part of said system. Basically what it really comes down to is that I am so anal about how things are done I don't think Ben should have to deal with it so I just do it, happily, myself. Oh yeah, and one time Ben washed and dried my $150.00 wool-lined Banana Republic pants. Literally, the lining hit my ankles and the wool sat nicely right below my knees...

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Ben, for sure! He just always seem to know how to fix a problem or what short cut to take when spell checking or something like that! I'm good at computers but he is very knowledgeable.

♥Who drives when you are together?
Ben, 95% of the time. Especially when we travel. I have this really bad habit of sleeping when driving long distances. I get soooo tired and literally CANNOT stay awake! I will fight it so hard, (Ben can attest) and my head will be bobbing and weaving and I'll say every few minutes when I jerk my head up "Sorry!! I'm awake! Sorry!!" I just can't help it!!

So, I would love to see this on other's blog. I think these things are interesting and fun to read since you really learn about people and on this very special day, you can talk about your hot lover as well! Leave a comment if you decide to do it so we can all come to your blog home and read about you! Happy Valentines Day everyone!

2 comments:

Sam said...

That was a really cute post, so I am going to do it too. Mostly, because I don't really have anything fun to write about right now, just about how we are super poor. But what else is new. Hope you had a great v-day!

Sam said...

You are right about the Reids and their eating ability. Taylor once tried to eat a 72 oz steak at Big Tex Steakhouse in Amarillo. It didn't really work out and he ended up throwing up in front of the entire restaurant. Then, the other day, Duncan (Taylor's little bro) ate a deca-meat, deca-cheese burger from Whataburger. It was ten patties and ten cheese slices and cost $20! It was disturbing to watch him eat it. I am surprised that he didn't just keel over dead from all the cholesterol.