Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Beverly Hills Slums


Hello??? Is anyone out there? It has been so long since I posted last I wonder if anyone is still there. I have a good excuse for not posting. You see, we moved. That's right. We sold our house and had to move out end of January so this month was spent packing, locating and renting a short term apartment, moving boxes and furniture to a storage unit and moving everything that wouldn't fit into an apartment one could only describe as "groovy." All this + work (the kind where I am actually paid) = no time to blog.
Picture from our house. Penelope decided the pillow was, in fact, hers.

One last get together at the house. Our friends Amy, Seth, Letson and Laura came over to mourn/celebrate the last week in our wonderful home.


Fine, one serious one.

Eleanor will only be your friend if you have food in your lap.

Ok, here are picture of our new apartment. Don't judge us too hard. We are only white trash for three months.

Before

After

Before

After

Before


After

Before


After (Office/living room/kitchen all in one)

You have to step over the coffee table in order to get to the couch. And no, it's not an illusion. The chair is, indeed, sitting in front of the couch.

Before

After - Our refrigerator would not fit in the storage unit so it is sitting in our kitchen.


It might be hard to see but those spots on this linolium is not dirt, it's stained. Oh, and I also saw two roaches last night; one on the bathroom wall and another on the kitchen counter. EEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!


The apartment is gross but, we didn't have to pay a pet deposit and they gave us a short term lease without making it more expensive like every other apartment place wanted to. On our first night in the apartment the toilet overflowed when someone just went pee. Ben called the maintaince guy and after snaking the toilet, he found a toothbrush that had been flushed. It was so backed up, he had to go get us a brand new toilet. The cats are still living in the house (our closing date was pushed back) because they were obviously unhappy here. It's small and cramped and they would bolt out the door when it opened. They will have to come home tomorrow since we will close this Friday. Poor babies.

After a 3 month hiatus, Ben and I are back in boot camp. I decided it was time to go back when this conversation took place:
Holly: I am so fat.
Ben: You aren't fat. You're...healthy.

And then this conversation.
Holly: I have GOT to lose some weight.
Ben: Well... We BOTH could lose weight. (as if that makes it any better)

9 comments:

heatherw said...

Holly, glad you're back! When are you moving to Abilene?

Anonymous said...

Your house was absolutely beautiful. I can see why you are so bummed about your "new" place. Guess we aren't going to be neighbors in Abilene after all : (

Heather S.

annalee said...

i feel like my name should be heather to leave a comment on this post, but i'll go on anyway:
i love your house pictures, it is certainly the reverse of most people's before and after shots! you guys' know how to decorate a house though. your home was beauitful, and i know another one will be like that soon! hang in there. we have lived in temporary situations for months at a time too, it does get better.

Holly Grant said...

Heather W.-I am currently looking for a job so I might be in Abilene in the next couple of months. We will be there no later then May.

Heather S.-I am soooo upset about your situation. My heart sank when Heather T. told me about it. When I get to Abilene, I am going to make an appointment with Patel and when he leans over to look in my eyes, I'm gonna punch him in the face. All of us were really looking forward to ya'll coming.

Sam said...

Your back! I missed your blogs, they always brighten up my day! Sorry about your new ghetto apartment, if it makes you feel better, my house looks much more like your new place than your pretty house. That is mostly because none of our living room furniture matches and I haven't really bothered with much decor. I am really glad that ya'll are coming back to Texas!

Unknown said...

Well we were thinking about coming out for one last visit, but after seeing the new digs we might have to pass. I am sure your new place will build character (or a bad attitude). Regardless we can't wait for you both to get to Abilene.

Ben Grant said...

Taylor - As far as the new place goes, It'll definitely be the latter...We are really excited too!

Anonymous said...

Holls, I am super sad I never got to see your first home. But we are going to rock the world with our reunion which is on the horizon. can you say; earth-shattering, awesomeness, super-spectacular, party...with besties and fun that you can't imagine? I can. If you need an explanation you know where to reach me. and to answer you question...yes, I might have had more than one glass of wine tonight.

Cheri said...

Of all the people I know I knew that you would not disappoint with making a hard situation fun and clever. I know that you and Ben will be ok in the temp digs! WE will all miss your house, it was great and we have awesome memories there. But honestly I can't wait for you to be back in Texas!!!!! David and I can't wait to have you both closer!
Love you, hang in there it is only very temporary!

PS when you get to texas we MUST have a girls weekend!!