Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Family Tribute Series: Jim Watts

This is my Dad!

My dad loves to tell…and retell…and in case you forgot, tell you again how cool it was when common everyday objects began to be made out of plastic. For example, did you know that toothpaste used to be made out of metal tubes? Dashboards in cars were also made out of metal...

The man loves plastic and I would bet, if possible, he would even buy plastic socks to eliminate this problem.

My dad can and will sleep anywhere at any time. No place or event is off limits: church, opening presents at Christmas time, mid sentence...


My dad has a good sense of a humor. He always said when he was younger, he was “pimples on a toothpick.” I always thought he was joking until I saw this picture:

In all seriousness, my dad is awesome. My dad is extremely giving and does so without wanting or needing recognition. He used to put money in my wallet without me knowing until I was halfway back home in Dallas. My computer crashed and with a husband in law school, we couldn’t really afford to buy a new one so he bought one without telling us. He gave Ben a truck when we first got married because Ben’s car was on its last leg and, with Ben going to law school and only me working, there was no way we could buy a new one. He is a lot of fun and Ben and I love hanging out with him and my mom. They took Ben and I on a cruise a couple of years ago and while we were getting ready for bed, wondering where they were at 12:30 in the morning, dad and mom were out dancing and then made fun of us for being in the room before them! Dad, this first family tribute is for you! We love you!





2 comments:

Mere Ware said...

Very sweet post about your dad. I never knew those things about him. The previous post, however, made me wet my pants a little bit. Awesome!

DavidG said...

Yeah, I think Jim is great. I'm taking father-in-law lessons from him.