Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

My First Blog
















Ok, so how many of you out there thought your first post was your most awkward? After reading so many other peoples blogs I decided I am tired of being left out. I have this strange feeling that not many will be reading this but, hey, what can I do?! So Ben and I have been living in Georgia since August of 2006. We bought a house and I started working for Child Protective Services as an investigator. I loved working for CPS in Dallas County but hated it in Georgia. So I quit after over a year of sleepless nights, intense teeth grinding and wads of hair falling in the shower drain (ok, I wasn't really losing my hair but I was really stressed). Now I work with Developmentally Disabled adults and I get to work out of my home. I love my job and Ben loves law school (at Mercer University) so we are very happy people. We have one chihuahua, Eleanor and one 6 toed cat, Fitzgerald. Ben found out about a month ago that he got a summer job working for a law firm in Abilene. We just want to get back to Texas so if that means living in Abilene for a few years after graduation, whatever. We had a great Valentine's Day. I cooked Ben a big dinner and we just had a good time being together. Ben bought me a watch which hasn't come in yet and I bought Ben a c.d. player for his car. So that is a pretty quick rundown and now I will end this since no one is reading this and attach some pics of our house and life here in the deep south! By the way, the child in the picture is not mine, she is my niece Anna. Also, I got lazy and only got one picture posted in my house. I will post more later. If you are actually reading this blog, leave me a comment and let me know! I would love to hear from everyone, especially those I haven't seen in long time!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Of course I want to hear more. In fact I have had opportunity to read other blogs myself and surprised myself with thinking of what a great way to tell the masses what is happening. So, keep it up, I think it will get easier as you go along. It is really just a big diary that the whole world can read.... so you might not want to include all the things we girls are known to put into our diaries. (heehee) Love you! - Cheri

TTidmore said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I can't wait to leave lots of snide comments. So be sure and give me some good material to work with.

Taylor

Jim said...

I read it!

Ben Grant said...

Taylor,
That's hilarious. As soon as she set her blog up I said you would be making tacky comments to get her back for her tacky comments on your blog! Get her!
-Ben

Makinzie said...

Hello Chubby-
Hope all is well is Georgia. We just moved to Texas a few months ago. Matt's a professor at UNT, and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my life...would love to see you sometime. Let me know when you'll be around here next. Love you, old friend- Chunky