Baby Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

George Jefferson and "The Walk"



Alright, how many of you out there are fans of "The Jeffersons" starring Sherman Hemsley and the incomparable Isabel Sanford? Well Ben and I are HUGE T.V. Land fans (stop laughing) and get pretty darn excited when "The Jeffersons" come on. One night, we were watching an episode where George Jefferson did his "walk". You know the one. He puts his head in the air all cocky like and swings his arms from side to side. Gets us everytime! So we decided we would try "the walk" and see who was better at it. Of course, I thought mine was more authentic while Ben decided he captured the cockiness that is "the walk." So I bring the videos to my blog and will ask the reading public to cast their vote on who is more "George Jefferson like." I know many of my readers are not the commenting type since a lot of people have told me they have read the blog yet many times my comments remain at a big zero, which is fine. My ego only hurts for a few days. If the voting turn out is sufficient, next time I will post our "Good Times-Michael Evans Dance" for all of you to feast your eyes on...



*Make sure your sound is turned on!*


9 comments:

Mere Ware said...

Holly-1
Ben- 0

I really want to see the dance.

suetmom said...

Holly,
Hi girl! I got your link from Mere's blog.... What a pleasant surprise! And, on top of it all, here is this wonderful video to watch. Now, I don't want to hurt Ben's feelings, but he is going to have to work on his movements just a bit. You win...no contest..sorry Ben....

Anonymous said...

Neither, Mom

TTidmore said...

I am going with Ben. Holly is just a little to stiff and robot like. Loosen up sister (in-law). Ben is better than Holly's, but still looks like a white boy who hasn't yet found his Jefferson groove.

Another fascinating post - can your streak continue?

annalee said...

my vote is for holly. excellent moves.

Cheri said...

OK So I think I may have to venture to TV Land watch the Jefferson's and then only then will I cast my vote!

In the meantime, I like Taylor and enjoying your postings. So keep it up!

DavidG said...

It's Holly, for sure.

Jonathan said...

Holly has the proper arm motion, and the right swagger!

Unknown said...

I just googled George Jefferson walk and came across this (trying to find a youtube video of his strut).

That said, both of your attempts are admirable, but lack a certain swagger/bravado. Keep at it!